Analysis and data-based simulations on university policy, in Flanders, Belgium and the EU. How to develop performance-based funding mechanisms, and how to prevent negative effects. The core idea is how to better use data for university governance, very much related to the field of Knowledge, Policymaking and Learning.
Ideas for future collaborations
University funding mechanism for regional development.
The impact of Brexit on the European Research Area
Methods and theories on the societal impact of university.
Publications & Projects
- Dotti, N. F. (Ed.). (2018). Knowledge, Policymaking and Learning for European Cities and Regions. From Research to Practice. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publisher. https://www.e-elgar.com/shop/knowledge-policymaking-and-learning-for-european-cities-and-regions.
- Dotti, N. F., Lazzeri, G., & Bramanti, A. (2018). Smart timing and specialized spaces: Reflections on the implementation of smart specialisation strategies in Milan and Brussels. Public Policy Portuguese Journal, 3(1), 44-56. http://gdoc.uevora.pt/562470
- Dotti, N. F. (2018). Knowledge that matters for the ‘survival of unfittest’: The case of the new Brussels’ rail junction. Transport Policy, 63(1), 131-140. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0967070X16306072
- Dotti, N. F. (2016). Abundant water, abundant knowledge: Cognitive patterns for policy changes in Brussels’ water management system. European Urban and Regional Studies, 0969776416677621. https://doi.org/10.1177/0969776416677621
- Dotti, N. F. (2016). A Research-Policy Dialogue for the EU Cohesion Policy. In N. F. Dotti (Ed.), Learning from implementation and evaluation of the EU Cohesion Policy: Lessons from a research-policy dialogue. (pp. 26–42). Brussels, Belgium: RSA Research Network on Cohesion Policy. Retrieved from http://www.regionalstudies.org/uploads/documents/Lessons4CP.pdf
- Vaesen, J., Wayens, B., van Heur, B., Ysebaert, W., d’Andrimont, C., Kesbeke, W., … Van Droogenbroeck, N. (2014). BSI synopsis. Higher Education and Brussels. Brussels Studies, 76. Retrieved from http://www.brusselsstudies.be/medias/publications/BruS76EN.pdf