European Research Policy, Research and Geography, Human Capital mobility
Knowledge is unevenly distributed across space. Many policies intervene shaping the way knowledge (especially research-based knowledge) is produced and shared. What are the drivers of the ‘knowledge geography’?
Ideas for future collaborations
Analysis of regional participation (NUTS3) in the EU FP/H2020 from 1980s (I already have the database, need time to exploit it).
Regional analysis of scientific publications, and relationships with other knowledge-intensive products such as patents, EU and national funding.
Impact of the economic and financial crisis on the university students migration patterns in Italy (before/after the crisis) and abroad.
Publications & Projects
- Dotti, N. F., & Spithoven, A. (2017). Spatial perspectives on knowledge brokers: Evidence from Brussels. Environment and Planning A, 0308518X17724442. https://doi.org/10.1177/0308518X17724442
- Dotti, N. F., & Spithoven, A. (2017). Economic drivers and specialization patterns in the spatial distribution of Framework Programme’s participation. Papers in Regional Science, Online first version. https://doi.org/10.1111/pirs.12299
- Dotti, N. F., & Spithoven, A. (2016). A Geographical Perspective on the European Research Area: Brussels as the European Research Capital. EuropeNow, 1(2). Retrieved from http://www.europenowjournal.org/2016/11/30/a-geographical-perspective-on-the-european-research-area-brussels-as-the-european-research-capital/
- Ulnicane, I., & Dotti, N. F. (2016). Special Feature: Transformation of Higher Education and Research in Europe: Introduction. EuropeNow, 1(2). Retrieved from http://www.europenowjournal.org/2016/11/30/special-feature-transformation-of-higher-education-and-research-in-europe/
- Dotti, N. F., van Heur, B., & Spithoven, A. (2015). Dynamism of European research geography: does specialization really matters?. Proceedings of the 22thinternational conference of the Council of European Studies (CES).
- Dotti, N. F., Spithoven, A., & van Heur, B. (2014). The competitiveness of Brussels in European Research Area. Brussels Studies, 81. Retrieved from http://www.brusselsstudies.be/medias/publications/BruS81EN.pdf
- Vaesen, J., Wayens, B., van Heur, B., Ysebaert, W., d’Andrimont, C., Kesbeke, W., … Van Droogenbroeck, N. (2014). BSI synopsis. Higher Education and Brussels. Brussels Studies, 76. Retrieved from http://www.brusselsstudies.be/medias/publications/BruS76EN.pdf
- Dotti, N. F., Fratesi, U., Lenzi, C., & Percoco, M. (2014). Local labour market conditions and the spatial mobility of science and technology university students: evidence from Italy. Review of Regional Research, 1–19. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10037-014-0088-y
- Dotti, N. F., Fratesi, U., Lenzi, C., & Percoco, M. (2013). Local Labour Markets and the Interregional Mobility of Italian University Students. Spatial Economic Analysis, 8(4), 443–468. https://doi.org/10.1080/17421772.2013.833342
- Dotti, N. F. (2007). Università conoscenza territorio: La capacità di attrarre studenti. Territorio, 43, 112–120.
- Dotti, N. F. (2007). Università conoscenza territorio: La capacità di attrarre studenti. Proceedings of the Conferenza italiana di Scienze Regionali (AISRe), Bolzano (IT).